New Buffalo: Public Boat Launch
Located next to the Public Beach off Marquette Drive on the Galien River. Facilities are approximately 3,500 ft from Lake Michigan.
- Boat Launch is accessible 24-hours/day during the boating season (May 1 through ice-over on the Galien River).
- Launch Fee includes parking in the adjacent large lot reserved solely for vehicles with trailers.
- Direct, easy and quick access to Lake Michigan via the Galien River
- Multiple ramps and piers for quick loading and unloading
- Plenty of trailer parking available.
- Season Launch Passes can be purchased from the City.
|2012 CITY BOAT LAUNCH FEES|
Daily Rates For Michigan Residents
With Boats Having Michigan Registrations:
The parking lot is for vehicles with boat trailers only – all violators will be ticketed and towed. Parking on the ramp apron is prohibited and any vehicle left overnight without written permission will be ticketed and towed.
- Maintenance, draining oil or fueling watercraft while at the skid piers or in the adjacent waterway.
- Emptying bilges while pulling out.
- Tying down watercraft on the ramps.
No Power Loading!
Boaters are reminded to winch their craft onto boat trailers instead of powering their boat onto the trailer.
Boat ramps throughout the state are being badly damaged by boaters who power their boats onto the boat trailer. The strong current created by the boat's propeller causes severe erosion and wash out at the end of the ramp. This condition, in turn, can also cause damage to boat trailers.
The Department of Natural Resources is attempting to repair as many of the damaged ramps as possible, but the best solution to the problem lies with the boater who refrains from this practice.
Need more information?
Please call the Harbormaster @ (269) 469-1522
Book your hotel reservations online and get special rates...