Calendar of Events
- This event has passed.
November 24, 2018 @ 9:00 am - 6:00 pm
November 24, 2018: A holiday tradition as New Buffalo brings the magic of Christmas to downtown with a Miracle on Whittaker Street. Enjoy a Santa breakfast, Reindog parade, cookies and hot cider, and tree lighting and caroling. This is a great time to kick off your holiday shopping on Small Business Saturday by shopping at the local businesses in New Buffalo. The Santa Parade kicks off at 4pm on Whittaker Street starting at the corner of Thompson & Mechanic streets. Other scheduled events include:
- 9 a.m. to noon — Breakfast with Santa at Rosie’s Restaurant, 128 N. Whittaker St. (open to the public).
- 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. — Christmas Tree and Wreath Sales at Lakeview Video, S. Whittaker, throughout the season.
- 11 a.m. — Small Business Saturday kick-off
- 11 a.m. — Holiday Craft/Painting at Elsie Earl Studios, 200 W. Buffalo St. (open to the public, fee for craft).
- 2 p.m. — Gingerbread House Decorating Class at Jackie’s Cafe, 801 W Buffalo St. (free to all, reservations required by calling 269-469-1800).
- 4 p.m. — Santa Parade on Whittaker Street starting at the corner of Thompson & Mechanic streets. Visit with Santa immediately after the Parade at Lions Park across from the public beach.
- 4:30 p.m. — Hot Cocoa and S’mores in the Lions Park Pavilion, 101 N. Marquette Drive, free to all (sponsored by David’s Deli).
- 6 p.m. — Tree Lighting and Caroling by the St. Mary’s Choir at Lions Park, 101 N. Marquette Drive.