New Buffalo, Michigan is located in the nation’s Fruit Belt – that means great weather! Cool breezes coming in off Lake Michigan temper the hot summer sun while warm lake breezes take the chill out of the air in spring and fall. The golf season here may not be any longer than elsewhere – but it sure seems like it.
Public/Municipal Golf Courses in the vacinity of New Buffalo
Briar Leaf Golf Club
3233 N State Road 39
(just south of New Buffalo)
La Porte, Indiana
This course puts a premium on shot accuracy. Water hazards come into play on six holes. The tree-lined fairways are predominantly flat, but there are a few rolling hills that can cause uneven lies. The greens are undulating, well bunkered, and about half are elevated. Powered carts are mandatory on weekends until 2 PM between Memorial Day and Labor Day. Covered power carts are available for poor weather conditions. The club has a wide variety of junior, senior, and twilight rates available. Be sure to call ahead for current rates.
Grand Beach Golf Course
48200 Perkins Road
New Buffalo, Michigan
A 9 hole, 2830 yard course with a rating of 66.2. Features banquet facilities, a driving range, a pro shop, and a snack bar.
12578 Wilson Road
New Buffalo, Michigan
18-hole championship course: Length: 7,072 yards, Rating: 74.3, Slope: 144. Tee times are accepted 14 days in advance. On site restaurant and banquet facilities can handle groups as big as 500. Excellent venue for wedding receptions and golf outings.
Pebblewood Country Club
9794 Jericho Road
(just 15 minutes north of New Buffalo)
One of the oldest golf courses in the area – built in 1923. Enjoy the scenic beauty of nine lakes & ponds and the area’s only covered bridge. Rental clubs & pull carts, a pro shop and a fleet of electric carts.
Michigan has more public golf courses than any other state. Besides the golf courses in the New Buffalo area, there are, within a 30 minute drive (including some just across our southern border with Indiana), several other opportunities:
- Birch Tree (New Carlisle, IN)
- Brookwood Golf, Inc. (Buchanan, MI)
- Indian Lake Hills Golf Course (Eau Claire, MI)
- Pipestone Creek Golf Course (Eau Clair, MI)
- Lake Michigan Hills Golf Club (Benton Harbor, MI)
- Michigan City Municipal Couse (Michigan City,IN)
- Plymouth Park Golf Course (Niles, MI)
- The Oaks (St. Joseph, MI)
- Valley Hills (Rolling Prairie, IN)
There are also a number of Private Golf courses in the immediate area. Among them are:
- Chikaming Country Club – 18 holes (Private Non-Equity)- 15029 Lakeside Rd
Lakeside, MI – (269) 469-5484
- Dunes Golf Course – 9 holes (Private Non-Equity) – 10600 Marquette Dr New Buffalo, MI –
- Long Beach Country Club – 18 holes over 6,542 yards with a par of 72 – 2309 Larchmont Ave
Long Beach, IN – (219) 872-8547
- Lost Dunes – 18 holes over 6,905 yards with a par of 71 – 9300 Red Arrow Hwy –
Bridgman, MI – (269) 465-9300
- Pottawattomie Country Club – 18 holes over 6,665 yards with a par of 72 – 1900 Springland Ave
Michigan City, IN – (219) 872-0624