3.2 miles to New Buffalo • 2.9 miles to Four Winds Casino • Close to Beach
Goldberry Woods is located on 28+ acres of beautiful wooded and open land. A family-run Bed & Breakfast and Organic MicroFarm, the Inn is located a mile from Lake Michigan, tucked peacefully in a secluded space along the banks of the Galien River – the perfect getaway: Secluded, yet close to everything. With exceptional amenities and a focus on homegrown, homemade food, a stay at this B&B will be a one-of-a-kind experience.
Each of of the Inn’s eight guest rooms and suites are decorated to showcase the hand crafted beds that were made by a local artisan using native Michigan trees. Thoughout vintage and unique décor and furniture provide classic comfort.
Goldberry also offers two private cottages for rental. A 4 bedroom/2.5 bath River’s Edge Cottage features over 2,500 sq ft of living space and the 3 bedroom/2 bath Creekside cottage is 1,300 sq ft. Each cottage can accommodate 10-12 guests and feature screened porches with views of the river or creek.
- Check-in time starts at 4pm (EST)
- Check-out time is 11am (EST)
- Earlier check-ins may be allowed if the room is ready, but this cannot be guaranteed
- There is a two night minimum stay on most weekends (Fri/Sat or Sat/Sun)
Rooms at the Inn
Each air-conditioned room in at the Inn features an original custom-built Queen bed, a private bathroom with two person Jacuzzi and shower, high quality linens, a gas fireplace, ceiling fans, high-speed WiFi, desk or table, and a large flat screen TV with Satellite and Blu-Ray/DVD player. Each room is named after the type of local wood from which the local, artisan-made beds were constructed.
Family Friendly Rooms: We invite well-behaved children to stay at our Inn. Our standard room rates reflect double occupancy, and we do charge a small fee for each additional child/adult in your group. We invite your entire family to join us in the dining room for breakfast so that your children can experience the whole B&B experience. The Ironwood, White Birch, and Cedar Log suites have ample room to accommodate families. Our cottages are also good family-friendly options, if you’d prefer more privacy.
Handicap Accessible Rooms: Three of our bedrooms are handicap accessible (Ironwood, White Birch, and Driftwood), although they are not ADA-certified. If the Jacuzzi tub/showers in these room are not accessible for your specific needs, a handicap accessible bathroom with shower is available on the first floor. While we are not fully ADA compliant, we have made attempts to improve accessibility (entry ramp, grab bars, etc).
- 8 guestrooms
- 2 Cottages
- Air conditioning
- Concierge services
- Coffee/tea in a common area
- Free WiFi
- Free parking
- Free toiletries
- Hair Dryer
- Lobby fireplace
- Luggage storage
- Luxury Linens
- Near the beach
- Picnic area
- Playground on site
- Private Bathrooms
- Refrigerator in a common area
A highly personal experience
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Everything from scratch using the freshest ingredients possible, many grown right on the premises. Even the breakfast sausages and bacon are produced locally. The animals are raised organically and humanely in Harbor Country.
Breakfast is served in the dining room between 9 and 10 a.m. each morning. For guests who need an earlier breakfast, a continental breakfast can be arranged. The breakfast menu changes with the seasons but will include a fresh fruit starter and a full, hot, made-from-scratch breakfast.
The Grounds offer many outdoor adventures. Guests may borrow the bikes from our shed, canoes or kayaks down by the river (life vests in our garage), and yard games including bean bags/corn hole, bocce, croquet, horseshoes, badminton/volleyball.
Bonfire Pits: Free firewood is available for bonfires in our designated pits.
- The Great Room: Savory nibbles and local Michigan wine are served in the Great Room from 5-7 PM (EST) daily. The bookshelves contain local brochures and menus, board games, growlers to borrow, interesting reads, and a leave one/take one book club. Curl up by the wood burning stove on cool nights.
- The Sun Room: Relax in our sunroom, take a nap, read a book, grab a DVD, or watch the birds at our feeders. Plenty of room to spread out. This room can also be set up for private meetings.
- The Dining Room and Kitchen: Breakfast is served from 9:00 to 10:00 a.m EST. Throughout the day, snacks, soft beverages, and fresh coffee are typically available. Also, the mini refrigerator is designated for guests with their own drinks, eats, or doggy bags. You may reheat items using the microwave.
Traveling with Pets?
Pets are not allowed at the Inn and only on a case-by-case basis for the cottage. Standard pet fee is $20/pet per day. We require owners to be responsible for and pick up after their pet. Pets left alone in the cottage should be placed in a cage or crate.
See Rooms & Rates